Monday, May 14, 2007

Cleaned splatter today

One project I've been working on is getting current on filing. Since we moved in last May, we haven't had a proper office and thus no place to file anything. I moved in the banker's boxes holding our files, and have gradually been working my way through almost a years worth of filing and shredding. What a job!

I also worked on cleaning up paint and drywall mud splatters in the bathroom because our prior contractor has not heard of tarps! It is really unbelievable how much splatter there is throughout the house because of his failure to use tarps. One of the reasons I choose this task is that the bathroom is the closest room to being done, and the splatter makes it look like it is still under construction. Also, we have a wooden towel cubby built into the tile where our bathroom towels will be stored. The sooner I get it cleaned and put a finish on, the sooner we can use it and free up the space the towels are in now for something else. This is the way our "move in" has gone. The organization is spreading very gradually. Little things like this really help my frame of mind. I've been keeping anything that can be cleaned very clean for this reason. When you are an organized minimalist living in a chaotic mess, it helps to have a few islands of clarity in the sea of confusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home