Friday, October 12, 2012

Week ending 10/12/12

More fun this week!

On Saturday, I spent over 2 1/2 hours driving around in traffic going to 4 different places to get that dang rubber washer.  Nobody had it.

On Monday, I went to yet another place for the rubber washer and no luck.  He did tell me to go back to the place I originally purchased the fixture at which was a good idea.  That place has a plumbing supply desk so they might be able to get it for me.  Today's stop was also the same place where I bought the metal mesh that the plumber damaged so I hoped to replace that as well.  Unfortunately, they no longer carry it.

On Tuesday, I went to the plumbing supply place where I originally bought the fixture and they don't have the rubber washer either.  They did give me a customer service number to call for Grohe, the manufacturer so that was at least helpful.

One Wednesday, we got a knock on the door at 8:45 am with a guy here to clean up the debris.  It was fine, we were home and just getting into our day after walking the dogs but we had no idea he was coming at it was only by chance we were here.  It turns out the contractor sent me an email at 8:30 last night saying the guy was coming and asking if it was alright.  I hadn't checked my email so I never got the message.  Seems like an obvious thing you'd want to call someone about instead of using email.  I'm glad the debris got cleaned up though.

In the same email, he also said the tile guy would come to seal the tile between 8-9 on Thursday.  We took the dogs out and got back at about 7:40 and the tile guy was already here.  Right as we got home my phone rang and it was the contractor asking where we were.  Seems that the tile guy told the contractor 7:30 and the contractor told us 8-9.  Ugh.  Again, glad it worked out but why is it so difficult?  We weren't able to use the bathroom for about 4 hours and it was fine, but we had planned on that happening later so it was only by chance it was fine.  Oh, and good luck getting the tile guy to come back if it hadn't been fine!

On Friday, the glass guy came out and was here for almost 2 hours.  We got nothing resolved and didn't get any further on the project.  The contractor screwed us on the design.  It sucks.

Nothing much to photograph this week, we'll post some when things are all done.  Here's a shot of Danny sunning indoors:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home