Friday, August 17, 2012

Week ending 8/17/12

On Saturday, we went to the bathroom place where I had gotten a quote from for the tub.  I had called Friday morning to make an appointment and let the sales rep know I was coming in.  He never called back, and when I asked for him at the reception desk, I was told to sign in and that it would be at least an hour before anyone could talk to me.

Seriously, you want me to wait an hour to plunk down my credit card?  Are you insane?  I get that they are busy, and that's great, but to not bother to return a call from an eager buyer and then tell the person they have to wait an hour pay?  Um, not in this lifetime.

I informed the receptionist loudly enough for everyone waiting to hear that not only would we not wait but that the only way we would ever set foot in their store again was if we could not find anyplace else to buy this particular tub.

The funny thing is this is the place that directed me to get the wrong tub in the first place.  I told them I wanted to make a shower out of it, and they sold me a tub that could not be enclosed for a shower.  I only went back to them because the contractor had worked with one of the sales reps in the past.  Well, the sales rep spent over an hour helping us pick a tub out, and someone else got the sale.

We ended up going home where I spent some time researching local suppliers and found another one nearby.  We went in, were helped almost immediately and got the tub ordered.  Yay!

Here's a fun shot of the dogs laying in the living room that C took.



On Monday, I went and picked up the glass tile.  We're marching ever closer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home