Sunday, October 01, 2006

Busy Sunday

For the second weekend in a row, we worked on the house both days and didn't get out for any fun. Not good! We did get a lot done today. C worked on the television set up, and I worked on the closet set up. Since we only have two closets, one of which is only 4 1/2 feet wide, we need to maximize the storage in each. Also, in our bedroom there won't be room for a king sized bed and dressers, so all of our clothes have to go in the closet. Today I did some measuring and calculating for the closet system. For example, one of my drawers takes up about 1400 cubic inches of space, so in the new system I will need about that much space for the items in that drawer. I was comparing the size of our current drawers to the size in the new system. Also, I was trying to figure out how to combine hanging and drawer storage and how to hang two rows on top of each other. I went out late this afternoon to look at hampers and measure them to see how they will fit into the closet. Not only is there not much room for a hamper out in the room, both C and I love contemporary, uncluttered clean lines. My goal for the bedroom is to have only the bed and two nightstands and nothing more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home