Thursday, November 23, 2006

Our First thanksgiving

Well, we had a simple, but nice thanksgiving with just a few friends. We made chilli in the slow cooker and rice in the rice cooker and our friends brought dishes as well. It is amazing what you can do with a little creativity and no kitchen! I'm pleased to say this was our first meal (other than microwaving stuff in a bowl) on our new countertops and they held up well!

Here is a shot of the countertop which is now finished. Well, it needs one more coat of wax, but that's a minor thing.



Here is a shot which shows the color and "terrazzo" look better. I love how glossy and reflective it is. It feels like porcelan to the touch. It is really smooth.




Here is the beginnings of our first dinner. I got to use my appliace area, which I designed. All the appliances are stored underneath and this counter has an outlet where we can use them out of the way of the other cooking/prep areas.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home