Tuesday, March 06, 2007

An unpleasant discovery

Today I was back in action, refreshed and renewed from my long weekend. While nothing was completed today, I continued to chip away at the long lists of tasks I have. I was in the backyard late in the day, and found someone had put a bag of trash in the yard. This is not unusual - we have an apartment building next door, and there is only a loose hedge between us at the moment. I've found all sorts of things including cigarette butts. Nice.

The difference with this bag of trash is that it had a candy bar wrapper, condom box and an unused condom! Yuck! I don't even want to think about it. I immediately scoured the yard to see if the the other condoms were anywhere in sight and I couldn't find anything. I assume that someone from the apartment building ditched their trash there, although I constantly look for signs that someone has been in the yard since people mistakenly assume the house is vacant because it doesn't look good. I really don't want to find someone partying in my yard. I am always surprised when people make this assumption - if they took 3 seconds to think about it, they would see all the signs of life are there: cars in and out, mail and newspapers picked up, trash in and out, lights off and on, etc.

Needless to say, we are REALLY looking forward to having the yard fully fenced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home