Thursday, February 22, 2007

A day of meetings

I had 4 meetings today, and I clearly remembered why I hated working in an office. I started the day by going to see the city inspector to ask a question about clearing one of our inspection corrections. At noon, another drywaller came by. At 3, a guy came by to repair the bathroom floor that had been messed up. He had painted polyurethane over hair and debris so the finish wasn't smooth and had embedded stuff in it. They were supposed to sand it smooth and repaint it. The guy asked me to check it, and I found a bunch of spots he missed (there were a lot!). After checking it for a third time and still finding marks, I went over every inch with a flashlight and marked them all with tape. I really hope he got them all.

At 4:30, I met another drywaller and at 5 the structural engineer came with the general contractor we are going to be working with. They did measurements for the new back door sketches and also looked at the attic where we need to reinforce the roof rafters to support the new furnace. By the time all that ended, I was wiped out! Too much managment and too much to take in.

Since we couldn't enter the bathroom until 11 p.m. due to the floor being wet, I ran out to do some errands in the evening. I was gone exactly an hour, and in that time, someone dumped a Christmas tree on the median strip in front of our house. It was clear they wanted to just get it on to our property because it just barely across the property line. We think it came from the apartment building next door. How rude, and who waits until almost March to dispose of their tree? So many things about this remodel have really caused me to rethink my opinions of the human race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home