Thursday, February 08, 2007

A good meeting

Well, I think the plumber may have finished the cooktop last night but I can't be sure because the general contractor who hired him never called me back today to confirm that it is done. I don't know if it is ready for inspection or not, and he has not returned 3 calls. Ugh.

But, onto bigger and better things.... I had a meeting late today with the new general contractor we are probably hiring to do the back door and deck. He had a structural engineer with him, and we discussed various option of where to put the door. Putting it where we want will be a REALLY big deal involving very complex engineering and lots of inspections. We have a window in a bedroom we can turn in to a door which will be a lot less work, less cost, less headache and less engineering but we don't like the door location as much. We will probably end up putting it where the window is because it is just not worth it to put it where we want it. But, it was a really good meeting and these two seem like really great people. They were actually trying to talk me into the cheaper, easier option (which means less money for both of them). The other thing I liked is that unlike many contractors I've dealt with, they actually tell me when what I say isn't feasable. Most of them have just said OK and then I find out later that something won't pass inspection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home