Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Oven and Dishwasher today

Ok, this is a big accomplishment. After 8 months, we have an oven and dishwasher! I called the appliance installer recommended by the place where we bought the appliances made an appointment for an estimate. This is the way this company does things - they have to come out for an estimate before they'll agree to do the job. At first, I was very disappointed because the technician took one look at the cooktop and said "We don't do this kind of work because it requires cutting into the subfloor and throught the foundation." I was upset because I thought he was going to try to charge me $50 for the estimate when I told the person who answered the phone and set the appointment exactly what I needed done. He agreed with me that she was wrong to even have him come out since they don't do this kind of work, so he said he wouldn't charge me. Also on the work order was for him to look at my oven for an estimate as well. He said it would be really simple to do and that he could install it on the spot if I wanted. Of course I said yes!

He did a great job, and with a little problem solving and FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS, he was able to do what my previous general contractor was unable to do. The oven is installed, level, and the door doesn't hit the dishwasher door anymore. What a concept! It was clear he knew how to do this, and it also became clear that the general contractor did not. So, all in all, it was a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home