Sunday, January 14, 2007

A bit of excitement is brewing

Things are looking good the general contractor we have been talking to. He gave me 7 references (as opposed to the usual 2 or 3). I called 6 of them, and spoke to 3. They all had great things to say about him. But, I always take the reference check with a grain of salt. All it really proves to me is that the person is smart enough not to give me people that will trash him. But, it is a good sign that he has 7 people who are very satisfied with his work. Several invited me over to see the work. He also gave me kitchen and bath remodel references, and these projects are way more complicated than mine.

He gave me an address to drive by, which we did yesterday. It happened to be for sale and open today so I dropped by. I happened to catch him at the very end of the open house, and he took me through and showed me everything he did. It was great to see, and his work looks good.

We are quite excited about this project as it is the first project we are doing that isn't really necessary but is an "improvement." Having a back door, deck and cleaned-up backyard will be a huge quality of life improvement. We are very excited. It also seems like a smaller project than the one we've done so far, so the permit should be open a much shorter time. Yay. We are also looking forward to adopting two puppies when this phase is done.

The previous general contractor we have been working with finally sent me an email and let me know he got the termination agreement and will send it by Tuesday. This means I can start moving forward with things and get our existing permit closed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home