Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Watching the mail

I emailed the separation agreement to the contractor on Friday night, and so far I haven't heard from him. The good news is he didn't see it and balk. The bad news is that I should have had it back by now, which I don't. We did discuss everything that is in it, and he agree verbally so I am hopeful we have an agreement soon. I already feel so much better being able to get on with it.

I got a lot done today, but not a lot on any one thing. After taking some time off at the holidays and getting back on track last week, I was super productive today. I had the electric company come out and fix a loose wire coming into the house that the electrician thought was causing us to have mini brown-outs whenever we ran appliances. I also met with a foundation repair company to do some repair. We have some cracks and shifting and the technology is so much better now than in 1952 when the house was built. We want to have this done, then the back door, then stucco then the deck out back.

I also spent several hours designing the master bedroom closet. Since we have really small rooms, there is not room for dressers and a king-sized bed so we have to have everything in the closet. I have been looking at closet organizers every day for weeks and trying to balance cost, flexibility, ease of installation, etc. It is more complicated than it seems. I think I may have found a really good, creative solution. I'll post more on it after I've decided.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home