Tuesday, February 06, 2007

cooktop install, part 1 of ?

Today the general contractor I spoke to sent his plumber and a helper to install the gas cooktop. I think they were in way over their heads. I was concerned when they started asking me what size ducts to use, and I got really worried when they still were flummoxed and needing my help 4 hours later. I was exhausting to me. 4 hours of questions from someone who should know how to do this. I got really concerned when I said, with respect to duct size, that it has to pass inspection. The plumber said he didn't know local codes. WHAT?!?!? Then why are you here? It's your job to know codes.

Have you ever heard the math enigma that says if you start out 6 feet from a wall, and keep walking halfway to the wall you will never get there? That's the way I feel about many things in this remodel. We just keep getting half way. I told a few people that someone was coming today to begin install the cooktop today, and the response was, "Oh, you'll be able to cook tonight!" and my answer is no, probably not, I'd be surprised if it went smoothly and was done in one day. This isn't negativity on my part, it is simply reality. I spent many days early in the remodeling high with excitement that something would happen, then it wouldn't and then I'd be disappointed. Now I've learned to only get excited when it is done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home