Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I may never go to Home Depot again!

On the advice of my old electrician, I went to Lowe's. He uses a different one than the one I usually go to, and to my delighted surprise, it only took 27 minutes to get there. Given that I drive 15-30 minutes or more to get poor service and bad selection at Home Depot, I was thrilled to find out how close it was. The store was spacious, not crowded and had lots of employees. I was shocked when I asked where something was and the guy actually thought about his answer before saying it. He actually put quite a bit of effort into making sure he gave me the right answer instead of just spitting out some random aisle number to get rid of me. The selection was excellent - they have a whole section of outdoor fluorescent lights and I was able to match the one out front exactly. While I don't love the fixture, it is contemporary and inexpensive and will pass inspection. Some day, when I finish the millions of other tasks in the house, I'll search of a beautiful light fixture. I was even able to buy the exact lockset that Home Depot was out of stock on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home