Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Blind shopping, what a drag

Today I went shopping for window blinds with my mom, who knows about these things. Believe it or not, they are quite complex. Unfortunately, the way my (brand new) windows are made, we have very few blind options. The mounting surface is only 1/2" deep, and most cellular or "honeycomb" shades require 1 1/2" or more. I was very disappointed to find this out. I'm not ready to shift gears yet - we only looked at one store and thanks to the marvel of the internet, I still think I can find what I need. Who would even think to consider window treatment options when picking out new windows? Just choosing the windows was a chore by itself.

I spoke to the general contractor about my new idea, and actually got a revised proposal from him which missed a flight of stairs! How do you miss a flight of stairs when there are only a handful of things on the list to begin with? He said he would resend it including the stairs tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home