Friday, June 20, 2008

3 projects under way

Right now we have 3 main projects under way.

We are setting up an outdoor seating area with a gazebo (canvas on a metal frame) and a table and chairs. We got a great set with comfortable chairs and a coffee table with a fire pit in the middle. We started putting it together and found we were missing 3 tiny parts (washer-type parts) and had to contact the company. So the seating area is on hold until we get those parts. We are also capping off the sprinklers in that area so we can run them in the rest of the yard without getting the area wet.

The second project is the trenchless sewer replacement. I got the plumber's bid and need to sign and return it to him and then get the job scheduled.

The third project is the garage door. I called the guy to work out some contract details, and much to my surprise he had already ordered the door. We are going ahead with the work, but I wouldn't order something I might be stuck with without a signed contract. I could have easily changed my mind prior to signing or not been able to get a satisfactory contract with them. Turns out everything is fine and we are going ahead with it, but this company's business practices need some tuning up. I hope their workmanship is better than their business management.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home