Tuesday, October 21, 2008

trashcan drama

I have been having trashcan drama. We have large trash cans from the city for regular trash and recycling, and we have the largest size they offer. We generate one or fewer bags of trash a week and fill the recycling maybe 1/3 full. I called the solid waste department to get the smaller size, which will be cheaper. I called 3 times and could not get a person. I left a message each time on the voicemail that promises I will get a call back, but no call ever came. Yesterday, I finally got a person who told me to fax my request. Then, today, I happened to be near my trash and noticed the smaller can was already in place! They just did it without telling me.

This is a problem for multiple reasons. First, the gate where the trash is located is usually locked. It was not locked today because of the gate repair issue. They could have shown up and not been able to get in and then I'd be back to square one. Also, they didn't warn me that they were coming into my yard, and the dogs could have been in there. Granted, the trash is in the side yard and the dogs are out back but they don't know that. I just think it is really reckless to enter someone's yard without telling them you are doing so.

I am back to making calls to make sure the billing got taken care of and that we can get a smaller recycling bin as well (they only swapped the trash).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home