Wednesday, February 25, 2009

3 hours on windows

Today I spent 3 hours on the windows bringing the total hours to date to 229.75.

I was unusually productive today and got to a good landmark in my progress. The bay window trim is done and I'm ready for my next coat of shellac, which will let me put the film on the front door. This will be so great because I can get rid of the trash bags, tape and cardboard covering it right now. The coat and the film should be done by the end of next week, so 9 more days of trashbags on the front door. Yay!

I worked way too long though, and ended up ruining two pieces of trim due to lack of focus. I really wanted to finish though and it seemed silly to put it all away and drag it out for onemore hour of work. I was really tired, but happy to have been productive.

Here is a shot of the bay area with the trim in place.


Here is a small job I did today. There are thousands like this around the house. Often, when I finish one job, I end up with several more on my to do list.

This cabinet houses the water heater. I had a handyman replace the solid panels with mesh so that the heater gets air for combustion. There was this little sticker on the mesh that had been in place since 2007.


I finally got rid of it today.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home