Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Frustrated

Today, I'm feeling really frustrated. Our taxes have taken forever and that's been a pain. The wiring in the house is messed up and our internet goes down all the time. We are nowhere near unpacked from our move almost 3 years ago, and there's no completion in sight. The house is taking forever. We've lived 3 years in a really uncomfortable house. When we took this project on, I had no idea I'd work so hard for so long and still have a horrible house. I've worked so hard and had so much stress that it has had a huge effect on me. I'm not the same as when I started. I don't know how DIY fixer uppers ever get done. You can only sprint for so long, and I cannot sprint any more but we're nowhere near done. Just keeping up with household chores takes forever in such a messed up house, and that leaves very little time for even working on it. I cleared my plate for a while to take on the house, but real life has crept in and I can no longer spent 12-15 hours a day or 7 days a week on it, which is what it takes to make any progress with any speed.

Most days, I work until I'm exhausted and barely make a dent in my to-do list. It's getting really discouraging to work so hard and not make substantial progress or even have a comfortable house. I've made no progress at all in 10 days.

Fortunately I'm going away next week for some R&R and hopefully that will refresh me and renew my drive to finish. Part of my frustration is due to exhaustion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home