Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wood chips

Today I went to Home Depot and picked up 8 more bags of chips for a total so far of 68. I think I'll need between 16-24 more bags, so that's 2-3 trips to get the yard done once. But, It's been so long since the first chips went down that much of it needs to be redone. The chips fade over time, disintegrate in the weather, get eaten by the dogs and get picked up when I pick up after the dogs.

Here is a before shot of the section I covered today:



Here is the after, with one of the dogs enjoying the new chips.



It's a lot of work - the bags are huge and heavy and that's why I only get 8 at a time. But they do really look nice once they're in. Once the whole yard is done, I'll be in a maintenance mode on this job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home