Friday, February 18, 2011

Week ending 2/18

On Sunday, we went over the first draft of the contract from the contractor. It wasn't as bad as usual.

I sent him my changes and on Tuesday, we got the revised version and surprisingly he got everything this time. It usually takes two revisions. I don't understand how someone can build a house, but can't take a typed list of requests and include it in a contract on a first try.

We have two lightbulbs out in the kitchen that need fixing. One bulb broke while the painters were here, and this week I pulled the bulb from the other fixture which is identical so I could buy replacements. After I got them, I realized both fixtures were loose and the bulbs couldn't be installed. This is why I say you don't actually finish a fixer upper house, you just move to a new point on the list. One big job gets finished, and 6 small ones get added.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home