Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Another day of lots of small progress

I made a little bit of progress on a lot of different things today. I was ready to put trim on the first window, and found I didn't have the proper connector to connect the compressor to the nail gun. This meant a trip to the close-by hardware store, which didn't have what I needed and then one of my several-times-a-week to the dreaded Home Depot. My day was a bit delayed by the fact that I had to take my car for servicing and pick it up and the plumber called me last minute wanting to come and do some work. Not wanting to pass up the opportunity, I said come on over and changed my day around. It was worth it, but I did get less done than I wanted.

Here is our nice, new, programmable thermostat. We tested it out today, and the new heater definitely works - it was pumping out hot air! It was really cool to see this come together. When we bought the house, there was the original 1952 heater under the house. It was a rusted wreck! We have a brand new unit installed in the attic (for much easier access), and now it actually works.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home