Thursday, March 22, 2007

So slow

Remodeling sucks! Today I feel really frustrated, powerless and generally ready to scream! We've been waiting for structural engineering plans for almost 4 weeks for the attic. I keep calling and emailing, and keep getting put off. According the engineer, the plans are done. The contractor who connected me with the engineer is supposed to meet the engineer and get the plans and deliver them to me. He hasn't been able to connect with the engineer. It is so frustrating to just be waiting. Nothing major can happen until we get those plans. I only have until June 20th or so to close this permit and it can't be extended again. It seems like a long time, but consider that it should have been done last summer. I hate having to just sit and wait. We've been living in mess and junkyard conditions for almost a year, and have owned the place 15 months. It is ridiculous that the scope of work we wanted to do should take this long. The worst part is that we didn't we cause the delays. We've just had a run of really bad luck with our contractor choices, which in spite of due diligence can happen anyway. Now that we have a dog, things have slowed even further because I am not as free to work while watching him. Of course if the yard was done like it reasonable should have been a year ago, that wouldn't be an issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home