Friday, September 14, 2007

Side steps and a gate

Today we got our side gate at the back of the house in. This is so nice to have, and it looks great. Prior to having the gate, you could look from the street right into our backyard. There is also an elevated walkway for the 2-story building next door and they could look right in as well. The crew also worked on demolishing the concrete side steps so they could be rebuilt in wood. It was so loud!

Here is the gate laying on the ground being built. I love the way redwood looks.



Here is the back of the gate, which is visible from the street and from the property next door. There will be another gate at the front of the house and the hedge will grow in so the back of the gate won't be as visible.



Here is the gate and the elevated walkway viewed from the yard. I had to stain the walkway and the gate after the crew left and I couldn't start until 4:00, but I figured I'd have plenty of time before it got dark at 7:00. I finally quit at 7:30 and I wasn't nearly done. I am nervous about having unstained wood sitting out so I want to get it done ASAP.




This is the side step after demolition. There used to be steps on this side of the landing. These steps will be rebuild of redwood with a trap door to get to the gas meter.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home