Thursday, October 23, 2008

Garage shelves - making progress

This week I got all the stuff moved out from the area where the shelves will go. I did most of the demolition of the old shelves yesterday. What pieces of crap! The supports were anchored to wall strongly enough to withstand a hurricane, then the boards were just placed loosely on top. Go figure.

I could not get last few pieces from wall with just hammer. I hate to accumulate tools and house stuff, but I needed a pry bar. I found a 24" one for just $8. I got home and got those last few pieces off. I've decided on the final placement, marked a level line across all the studs for the top shelf. No I just need to finish kitchen handles so I can move my drills out to garage. My goal is Monday to start drilling brackets. I'm sure last 4 shelves will take as long as first one - there is always a learning curve with a job like this and the last 4 are not as high as the first one. I cannot wait to put things away! I would love to have my tools in the garage, not in my clothing closet. I would love to get the shop vac and air compressor into garage and out of den. I am so excited by my shelves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home