Thursday, January 15, 2009

Almost done first window in this batch

Today I spent an hour on the last living room window bringing the total hours on the windows to 210.5. I sanded and removed the painter's blue tape that masked the wood trim from the glass. It felt so good to remove that tape. It's been up over 2 years, and each time I walk by that window I can see how much better it looks, even though it still has plastic in place of a shade, no trim and an unfinished wall around it. The blue tape is supposed to be removable, but after 2 years it was pretty stuck. I did get it all off, but it was harder than it usually is. I think painter's tape is supposed to be removable after days, not years. I also had to make a run for more steel wool. There is a great neighborhood hardware store not far from here that has a lot of what I need. It keeps me from having to go to larger stores that are further away and much harder to shop.

All that's left on this window is to buff and then the trim can be installed. The trim needs 3 coats and a buff and then the shade goes up!

Sometimes it doesn't seem like we are making progress, but we are slowly moving ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home