Friday, August 21, 2009

Week ending 8/21/09

On Monday, I spent 2 hours repairing damage to the windows caused by incompetent window washers. The bastards haven't even placed the order for the replacement parts yet. I'm not counting this in my window and door hours total.

On Thursday, I spend 2 hours prepping the interior doors for shellac. The contractor I hired to install the doors (the second one actually, who was hired to fix the screw ups of the first) spent hours telling me how "anal" he is. Well, his work was so incredibly sloppy I couldn't believe it. The very first time I ever did woodworking it looked better than this. I am still hoping to shellac on Monday and stay on track to finish at the end of September.

On Friday, I spent another 2 hours finishing prep for Monday's shellac coat. Everything that can be done ahead of time is except I have to resand a door. I spot-sanded it yesterday and when I inspected it today in the daylight it looked uneven.

Hours to date on windows and doors: 300.75. I can't believe I passed the 300 hour mark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home