Monday, September 04, 2006

Electrical work today

The electrician worked this whole Labor Day weekend trying to get us ready to final inspection. You don't realize what you take for granted until you don't have it - like lights in the bathroom. While he was working, I did some more work on the kitchen installing the interior fittings and trying to bring a few boxes in from the garage. We only expected to be living out of suitcases for a few weeks, so a lot of our stuff is still in boxes. We went out on Friday night, and were the most casually dressed of the group because we don't have access to most of our clothes. So, each box we can bring in helps. I am more or less randomly placing kitchen items in the cabinets because without having all of the kitchen stuff in front of me it is hard to figure out what to put where. I also don't have use of all the cabinets yet, so even if I have an idea about where things go I may not be able to put them there.

Here is the appliance area. As you can see, I designed it to have large pullout baskets underneath so appliances like the slow cooker, rice cooker, toaster, etc can be pulled out easily and used on the counter above.


The entire kitchen has recessed lighting. I really like the clean, contemporary look and like the openess that having no fixture gives. It was great to see my choices installed, and I am so glad I like what I choose!


This is a heated towel bar for the bathroom. Our immediate area seems to be really humid - towels won't dry between showers and mildew is a problem. Even the contractor had to make allowances because the drywall mud takes many times longer to dry than usual. This will help with both drying the towels and the mildes, and the towel is slightly warm when you go to use it. It only uses about as much electricity as a lightbulb, and it can be put on a timer for even more energy savings.


This is one of the smaller "task" lights I put in the kitchen. It has a reflective surface inside which makes it even brighter. They are over the sink, cooktop and laundry areas.


Here is our new porch light. What a treat to not come home in the dark!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home