Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Earthquake today

We had an earthquake today, but it was pretty far from us so it wasn't too bad. I am pleased that our new earthquake valve did not trigger.

The bathtub drain is driving us crazy! We bought a nice bathtub from Kohler, and you have to buy a specific drain kit to go with it. The darn thing doesn't work! Our first plumber, who was incompetent, took 3 tries to get it in and it never worked right. It drains really slowly because the plunger doesn't come up high enough. We had another plumber look at it who advised me not to mess with it. I called him back after a year (good plumbers are really hard to find, and he is trustworthy and reasonably competent as far as I can tell). He looked at it again and adjusted the plunger so it comes up higher but now it drains really loudly. It also doesn't work most of the time after you've drained the tub and go to plug it up again for another bath. You have to manipulate it by hand. $170 and it doesn't work. Nice. Oh, but it's "cool" because it is supposed to move slowly when you raise it. I think things that are really cool actually work.

I finished a small project which is that I got my good dresses stored properly in archival boxes. These are dresses I've accumulated through my adulthood and would definitely wear again. I am thankful my size has only fluctuated by one size so most of them fit or are really close.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home