Friday, November 07, 2008

Ikea kitchen that's never done

I've made so many trips to Ikea in the last 3 years for the kitchen! Hopefully this will be my last until I am ready to install the toe kick under the cabinets. We are still a long way off from this as I cannot do it until the flooring is in. If all goes according to schedule, the flooring should be in by the end of next summer.

I got a replacement door for my water heater cabinet. Ikea discontinued the cabinet doors I used for the kitchen, so I have to make sure I have everything I need. When we eventually replace the water heater, I want to get a tankless and put it outside, which means we will have a 24" cabinet to use. The current door had the panels removed to add a metal screen for ventilation. I wanted to have regular door to put on the cabinet whenever we get there.

The Ikea run took 4 hours, 2.5 of which was sitting in traffic. The only other thing I got done today was to get some more screws for my garage shelving. You never do a home improvement project with just one trip to the hardware store!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home