Monday, November 03, 2008

Started shelves in garage, scraping paint

I started the garage shelves in earnest today, and managed to get 4 brackets up on the first shelf. I have 35 brackets total for all 5 shelves, but I expect to pick up speed as I learn. I am starting with the highest shelf first so I am not trying to reach across already installed brackets to work higher.

I also worked on the dreaded task of scraping all the paint splatters from the toilet. The entire tank and most of the rest of the surface is covered with pinprick sized splatters from our prior incompetent contractor who could not figure out how to use a tarp. I tried paint thinner, and it just doesn't remove them. I tried a special plastic spatula, and that didn't work. The only thing that works is my fingernails, and thus you can see why I hate this job (and that contractor) so much. I've decided to break it down in 15 minute increments - that's about all I can handle at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home