Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What a crappy day

There has been so much broken lately - both of our computers, my braces, the heater, the fire pit, and water pooling under the house.

I can't seem to get on top of things - for every 5 I get done, 4 new things come in. Lots of things that were done need to be redone already (wood stain, tub deck grout, etc) and I haven't even gotten to everything once. How do people keep up?

This evening, C checked wire that goes from the thermostat to the heater with electronic tools that he has. It's good to have a husband with a degree in electrical engineering. His testing showed that the wire was not working, which compelled me to check the wire again (I had done it during my initial trouble shooting) and found the problem. During the summer when the roofers were installing ventilation for whole house fan they accidentally cut the wire. We are going to try to replace wire tomorrow before we call someone. It's a pain, but so are contractors. even in this bad economy. Even if it is a quick fix, they often charge a minimum service charge of $200 so it is worth it to fix it ourselves if we can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home