Thursday, May 21, 2009

Side door trim

Today I spent 1.5 hours getting the side door trim up for a total of 255.5 hours to date on windows and woodwork. Unfortunately, I don't have a before shot because the trim makes a big difference. I had to scrape off the excess insulation from when I used the spray-in expanding foam to fill the crack around the door. I also cut my hand and got a little bit of blood on the unfinished door trim, which was worrisome because it soaked right into the unfinished wood. But I managed to wipe most of it off and sanded the rest. Now I can really say I've put blood, sweat and tears into this house.

Here is the after shot of the trimmed door. On to prep and shellac!


We have a tall hedge that separates our yard from the 2-story apartment building next door. We trim it every year, including the back side which faces their property. We don't have to do this - the local statute says the back side is their responsibility just like it is my unfortunate responsibility to cut the ivy-from-hell that grows into my yard from theirs. We also keep the hedge within the allowable height limits. So today I hear one of our neighbors on that side complaining about the hedge saying "they don't care, they just let it grow." I was mildly annoyed - I mean how much more am I supposed to do to meet the threshold of a caring neighbor?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home