Friday, December 04, 2009

Week ending 12/4/09

On Saturday 11/28, I spent 2.5 hours getting part of a coat of shellac done. I estimate that I am under 40 hours total to finish the shellac! That will take longer than it seems though - I can't do more than a few hours at a time because it's just too tedious. I start to get sloppy and resentful and then I don't want to go back to that job. Also, other factors have to line up for me to work on this project - if I'm shellacking, it needs to be nice enough to have the windows open for a few hours for the fumes, to aid drying and to make sure I don't have any wet parts touching. I have to have a day with little scheduled and be able to do the windows during daylight hours. Aside from the tedium, the factors don't line up all that often.

Hours on windows and doors to date: 327.5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home