Monday, February 28, 2011

Saturday 2/26 - Mon 2/28

On Saturday, we spent the day prepping and planning for the flooring. The contractor and his floor guy came at 1:00 and were there for an hour working out the details. The plan is that they will start in the bedroom and prop the bed and mattress on the wall, do most of the floor then put the bed back and do the rest. We have a massive California King bed, and there isn't room to put it anywhere else in the house. I'll have the bedroom ready for them first thing Tuesday morning and once the bedroom is done I'll release the rest of the house room by room, keeping ahead of them with the prep. Each room needs to be made ready by removing everything other than furniture and putting away or relocating breakables like computer equipment, etc. This plan is great for me because I only have to have one room ready when they start and then all I have to do is keep ahead of them as they work. It also gives me a "clean" room early on were I can move the computer to so I can work and be out their way. Keep in mind that 4 people agreed to this plan - C, me, the contractor and his floor guy.

By the time they left we were pretty well set for Tuesday. C and I had a lot of work to do on Sunday and we had to order quarter-round on Monday to match the flooring (it's for the back door - we didn't know the details of how it was going to be finished or what we would need until today).

On Sunday, we did some things around the house in preparation for the flooring. We emptied 3 bookshelves and boxed up the content, backed up the server and set up a computer workstation in the kitchen so I could always have a workstation no matter where the crew was working.

Monday was a crazy day. I finished getting ready, put away all the valuables and fragile stuff and got the dogs ready for their week at "camp" aka cage-free daycare.

All seemed to be in good order but you know that's not how it turned out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home