Thursday, June 07, 2007

Contractor flaked, first bad sign

The contractor flaked today, and didn't call until 6 p.m. He was supposed to call when his guys finished the job they were on and were en route. I hope this isn't the beginning of things going bad. Our last contractor got really bad at the end, but it started like this. As C said, his shiny finish is beginning to fade. The contractor said he would commit to be here on Monday with 4 guys (2 working outside, 2 working inside) and that with a larger crew they would finish faster. We have about 3 work days before we can have our next pass at final inspection. The 3 work days won't be contiguous though - they have to several coats of drywall mud and stucco and let the coats dry in between.

Today I didn't get much done - I hate that feeling! I spent a few hours taking care of C's car though, including having it waxed. Wow, it looks brand new and I was really happy to do that for him. I did get a bit of yard work done and filled the yard waste bin for pickup tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home