Monday, September 15, 2008

Frustrating

What a frustrating time. The contractor doesn't know what he's doing on the whole house fan. What is the point of hiring a general contractor if you end up managing the project anyway? I've been waiting 11 days for his bid.

After a 5 month saga, the fire pit is finally assembled and doesn't work. The worst part is that it is probably outside the warranty period, so that might be a hassle. I think I am going to just hire someone to fix it. Sometimes the path of least resistance is the way to go.

People often ask when we'll be done, and I simply don't know but it's not anytime soon. No sooner do I update my schedule and I'm behind again. Remodeling is not fun like they show on TV - it's frustrating and slow, and you spend a lot of time managing other people's incompetence. I actually enjoy the project where I use my hands and do something, but many of the projects involve lots of research, shopping and information gathering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home