Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So frustrating

Remodeling is not at all like they show on television. 90% of my time is spent dealing with people who are stupid, uninformed, dishonest, apathetic or some combination thereof. I've spent surprisingly little time getting dirty and working with my hands, which is what I would much prefer to do.

There is also way too many ignorant people giving me unsolicited advice.

I didn't count on how bad contractors really are. That out of dozens of jobs, only 2 have gone smoothly. Almost everyone we've worked with has been bad or mediocre.

The one decent contractor we have is a general contractor who has done several jobs for us. He's the one who has now kept us on hold for several weeks on the fan. After the first one,which was small and went well, I said that I really liked him and that I could see a long business relationship ahead. C predicted "You'll hate him too eventually." How right he was!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home