Friday, April 08, 2011

Week ending 4/8/11

On Saturday, we went to Amoeba Music, a Los Angeles landmark, and used a gift certificate from our wedding 6 1/2 years ago. We both really hate to shop and since we're so busy it's hard to prioritize shopping.

But things are looking up, if only a bit. On Sunday, I went to a coffeeshop with my laptop and did a little low-demand work. It's something I love to do but haven't felt like I had the luxury to do in a long time.

On Monday, I prepped the house for a PROFESSIONAL cleaning! I was so excited to be at a point where we could get the place cleaned! It was filthy and hadn't been cleaned in decades when we moved in, and we've been doing construction for 5 1/2 years to this is a real milestone!

On Tuesday, we had a professional cleaning crew in and it was amazing! I'm absolutely serious when I say the place is cleaner than it's been in decades. It feels so good to have a clean house for the first time in 5 years. It's like pressing the reset button.

Wednesday, I bought and installed plastic chair mats for under our desk chairs. We didn't want to damage the flooring by rolling our desk chairs over it so we threw down some cardboard once the flooring was done. The clear plastic mats are way nicer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home